Sourdough Baking - Level 2
Room A, 21F Yiuga Factory Building, No.62 Victoria Road, Kennedy Town, Hong Kong Island
What is sourdough bread?
Sourdough bread making traces back to the ancient art of artisan bread making that uses 3 basic ingredients - flour + water + salt and then time for fermentation. All other additive/unnatural ingredients that commercially produced bread include are eliminated.
Sourdough bread is healthy, gentle to the digestive system, and delicious; and the crumb-like texture gives a satisfying feeling in your palette. In this hands-on class, we will show you how to make sourdough pizza and focaccia bread step by step and all the techniques required. You will take home a recipe, your first hand crafted sourdough pizza and focaccia and an extra dough to practice your bake at home too.
*This will be a hands-on class. You will be kneading, shaping and proofing the sourdough and bake - Please bring your apron!
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- How to bake with a whole grain sourdough starter
- How to make a sourdough pizza with sprouted spelt sourdough starter. (There is a vegan option for the toppings - Please let us know your preference)
- How to make a sourdough focaccia bread
- How to refresh and feed your sourdough starter
- Understands how sourdough behaves at each stage of bread making so you know how to manage the fermentation and baking process
WHAT WILL YOU TAKE HOME?
- Your first sourdough bread
- A jar of organic sprouted spelt sourdough mother starter
- The essential knowledge you need to bake your own homemade artisan sourdough bread.
- A dough to practice to bake at home
What to bring?
- 1x apron
- 1x pen
JOIN WITH YOUR HELPER?Let us know if you'd like to bring your helper to learn with you. Its only +HK$100 to bring your helper. Please inform us once you confirmed your booking. for us to arrange.
CANCELLATION POLICYWe will confirm your seat(s) once all fees are received. Deadline for any cancellation request is 24 hours prior to the start time of the class. All fees will become non-refundable after the deadline. Cancellation requests should be made in writing at least 24 hours prior to the class for any refund to be made back to your account.
DETAILSLength of Class: 2.5 hours
We Also Recommend